Curry Patrick1800 - 1880 (80 years)
Name Curry Patrick Born 17 Mar 1800 ,,Clare, Ireland [1, 2]
- Limerick on Death Cert. Co Clare from convict list
Gender Male _ATTR 1822 ,Limerick, Clare, Ireland Marriage Claim
- Coleman Oloughlin of the town of Sydney in the Territory of New South Wales Yeoman being duly sworn upon the Holy Evangelists deposeth and saiath that the deponent in the month of May 1822 was personally present at the intermarriage of Patrick Curry per Ship Hooghley (1) with his wife Ellen Moore alias Curry in the annexed petition named and the same was duly solemnized by the Reverend McGubbins in the Church of Saint Mine---- Parish of Saint Mary and City of Limerick.
Crime 25 Jul 1823 ,Limerick, Limerick, Ireland [3, 4]
- Felony of wearing apparel
Occupation 25 Jul 1823 ,,,Ireland Carman _ATTR 1825 
- List of 74 male convicts landed from and forwarded for distribution (Reel 6014; 4/3514 pp.152-3)
Transportd 5 Jan 1825 ,Cork, Cork, Ireland
- per Hooghley
Illness 11 Jan 1825 Hooghley,,, At sea  Illness 7 Feb 1825 Hooghley,,, At sea  Census Aft 22 Apr 1825 ,Cawdor, NSW, Australia  Transportd 23 Apr 1825 ,,NSW, Australia 
- arrived in colony and sent to Minto
Census 1828 ,Camden, NSW, Australia [8, 9] Certificate of Freedom 20 Sep 1830 ,,NSW, Australia  Physical Description 30 Sep 1830 ,,NSW, Australia  5 feet 8 inches, Complexion Ruddy, Hair Sandy Brown, Eyes Grey, Scar on under lip, St Patricl, two serpents, crucifix, 7 stars, sun and moon on right arm, mermaid on left. Residence 26 Aug 1839 ,Cowpastures, NSW, Australia Census 1841 ,Camden, NSW, Australia  Name Patrick Corry _ATTR 1846
- In 1846 Pat Curry had been on the land eleven years and had two farms at Camden Village, including about 80 acres of arable and room for sixty cattle. he eventually had enough money to buy land of his own at The Oaks , probably to accommodate his growing herds. He never moved there but spent his life on his rich, finely worked paddocks by the Nepean.
Residence 3 Aug 1847 ,Camden, NSW, Australia Residence 10 Oct 1848 ,Camden, NSW, Australia Occupation 1872 Edward Street, Camden, NSW, Australia  Farmer Occupation Bef 3 Sep 1880 ,,NSW, Australia  Farmer _ATTR
- The tenant of the furthest paddock has his cottage on the side of the hill, out of reach of floodwater. This is Patrick Curry, an upright good-natured man. Curry's farm was on the river flats, below the village, the richest part of the estate.
Died 3 Sep 1880 ,Camden, NSW, Australia [2, 12] Cause: Old age and pneumonia Buried 6 Sep 1880 Catholic Cemetery, Campbelltown, NSW, Australia [2, 13]
- Conducted by J. L. Lynch. Witnesses G Sanderson, J Wilson
- Concluded that there are 6 children under 14 (4 male, 2 female) belonging to Patrick Curry
- To His Excellency Lieutenant General Darling Governor and Commander in Chief and over the Territory of New South Wales and its dependencies and Vice Admiral of the same
The Humble Petition of Patrick Curry per Ship Hooghley (1) free by servitude, and Ellen Moore alias Curry per Ship Mariner (2) the lawful wife of the said Patrick Curry –
Most respectfully Sheweth
That your petitioners were duly married in the year 1822 at the City of Limerick in Ireland as by the annexed affadavit of Coleman O’Loughlin will more fully appear.
That your petitioner Patrick Curry was subsequently transported to this Colony, and that his wife, your petitioner Ellen Curry, also transgressed against the laws of the County for which she has been likewise banished from her native land.
That your petitioner Patrick Curry having so become free by servitude as above setnforth and being desirous of joining his wife who has only four months to serve of the period of her banishment he humbly prays your Excellencys permission to have them re-united in this Territory in Matrimony as having lost the former Certificate they are unwilling to cohabit wihtout Your Excellencys gracious permission which they humbly trust the annexed affadavit will warrant-
And they will ever pray –
Pencilled notes on top side
Wm Davies King Street
Mr. Threlkeld 7 months
Factory 3 months
D. Nichols 6 weeks
Factory 2 weeks
Mr. Dunn12 months
Factory 2 years and 2 months
Notes on back
Eleanor Moore of Mariner
Husband came as Patk Curry in the Hooghley
Feb 6th 1827 First class factory illegally at large
Feb 19/27 Absent from her service without leave reprimanded
July27/27 First class Factory being absent without leave and general irregular conduct
Dec29/27 Four days in the cells for general bad conduct
May 27/28 Two years in the Third class in the factory to be kept to hard labour for Countenancing Mr. McGuire in exposing himself indecently and using unnatural habits before Mr. Dunn’s children
Coleman OLoughlin of the town of Sydney in the Territory of New South Wales Yeoman being duly sworn upon the Holy Evangelists deposeth and saiath that the deponent in the month of May 1822 was personally present at the intermarriage of Patrick Curry per Ship Hooghley (1) with his wife Ellen Moore alias Curry in the annexed petition named and the same was duly solemnized by the Reverend McGubbins in the Church of Saint Mine---- Parish of Saint Mary and City of Limerick.
Sworn before me this 20th day of September 1830Coleman X O’Loughlin
W. --------- ----------His mark
Note on back; They must wait till the lady ------- free
- Witness at burial of John Thomas Croft was born on June 22, 1861 in Camden, NSW,59 died on January 19, 1867 in Camden, NSW 
- On the 19th instant, a bay draught mare, the property of Patrick Curry, was stolen from the owner's premises, Camden. 
Person ID I453 Geniaus Family Tree Last Modified 14 Jun 2016
Father Curry Daniel, b. ,,,Ireland , d. ,,,Ireland Mother (Curry) Anne, b. ,,,Ireland , d. ,,,Ireland Married Yes, date unknown Family ID F356 Group Sheet
Family 1 Moore Ellen, b. 1801, ,, Clare, Ireland , d. 9 Sep 1841, ,,NSW, Australia (Age 40 years) Married 11 Apr 1831 St Marys Cathedral, Sydney, NSW, Australia 
- Witness: Edward Thomas; Witness: Alicia Thomas
- Petitiion to be" re-united in this Territory in Matrimony as having lost the former certificate" Not granted "They must wait ---- the lady is free"
Children 1. Curry Daniel, b. 20 Jun 1832, Camden Park, Cawdor, NSW, Australia , d. 10 Apr 1918, ,Elderslie, NSW, Australia (Age 85 years) 2. Curry Patrick, b. Abt 1832, Camden Park, Camden, NSW, Australia , d. 24 Dec 1896, Cowra Hospital, Cowra, NSW, Australia (Age ~ 64 years) 3. Curry Mary Julia, b. 28 Jun 1834, ,Camden, NSW, Australia , d. 18 Jul 1922, Fairview Appin Road, Campbelltown, NSW, Australia (Age 88 years) 4. Curry John Moore, b. 13 Jun 1837, ,,NSW, Australia , d. 2 Nov 1906, Nattai River, Burragorang, NSW, Australia (Age 69 years) 5. Curry Richard, b. 23 Jul 1839, ,Cowpastures, NSW, Australia , d. 23 Jul 1905, ,Wellington, NSW, Australia (Age 66 years) 6. Curry Terence, b. Abt 1841, d. Abt 1841 (Age ~ 0 years) Last Modified 19 May 2016 Family ID F86 Group Sheet
Family 2 Connors Ellen, b. Abt 1814, d. 12 Sep 1851, ,,NSW, Australia (Age ~ 37 years) Married 26 May 1844 ,Campbelltown, NSW, Australia [17, 18] Children 1. Curry Ellen, b. 23 Jul 1847, ,Camden, NSW, Australia , d. Nov 1847, ,,NSW, Australia (Age 0 years) 2. Curry Ann, b. 1 Oct 1848, ,Camden, NSW, Australia Last Modified 17 May 2016 Family ID F354 Group Sheet
Family 3 O'Loughlan Margaret, b. Abt 1814, Near ,Ennis, Clare, Ireland , d. 2 May 1880, ,Camden, NSW, Australia (Age ~ 66 years) Married 1855 ,,NSW, Australia  Last Modified 18 Oct 2015 Family ID F355 Group Sheet
Documents Patrick Curry (1800-1880) Interview with Caroline Chisholm
- [S2827] Certificate of Freedom, 30/661.
- [S24] Death Certificate.
- [S2813] SRNSW, Convict Index http://srwww.records.nsw.gov.au/indexes/searchform.aspx?id=65.
CORRY Patrick Hooghley 1825 30/0661 20 Sep 1830 Certificate of Freedom [4/4302; Reel 986]
- [S48] Ancestry.co.uk, Patk Corry in NSW Convict Indents.
Name: Patk Corry
Date of Conviction: 25 Jul 1823
Place of Conviction: Limerick
Estimated birth year: abt 1800
Port of Arrival: Sydney Cove
Date of Arrival: 23 Apr 1825
- [S2813] SRNSW, (Reel 6014; 4/3514 pp.152-3).
- [S45] The National Archives, Medical and surgical journal of the Hooghly convict ship for 26 October 1824 to [22 April 1825] by Robert Tainsh MD, Surgeon and Superintendent, during which time the said ship was employed in conveying 195 convicts to New South Wales. (Described at item level)..
Patrick Curry Age 22 Febrile affections
- [S130] Book, General Muster of New South Wales 1823, 1824, 1825 Baxter, Carol, Ed. Sydney, ABGR, 1999. .
17891 Curry, Patrick C Hooghley 1825 7 Govt Servant Mr McArthur Cawdor
- [S48] Ancestry.co.uk, 1828 New South Wales, Australia Census (TNA Copy) for Patrick Curry New South Wales General muster 1828.
Name: Patrick Curry
Arrival Date: 1825
Piece: HO 10/22
Province: New South Wales
Title: Census C-D
Estimated birth year: abt 1798
Curry, Patrick 27 Government Servant Ship Hooghley 1825 Sentence 7 years Shepherd to John Macarthur Road party 14 Camden 3375
- [S2977] Census of New South Wales November 1828, Sainty, Malcolm R and Johnson, Keith A, (Sydney, Library of Australian History, 1980), P 112.
Curry, Patrick 27 Government Servant Ship Hooghley 1825 Sentence 7 years Shepherd to John Macarthur Camden 3375
- [S48] Ancestry.co.uk, 1841 New South Wales, Australia, Census for Patrick Curry.
Name: Patrick Curry
State: New South Wales
Return no 78 Camden Village District of Picton X949 p. 75 Reel 2222. Patrick Curry Camden Village - MALES 2-u7 2, 7-u14 2, 21-u49 3, Married 1 Single 6. FEMALES 2-u7 1, 7-u14 1, 21-u49 1, married 1, single 2. 7 Males, 3 females. Religion C. of E. 1, R. Cath, 9. House - wood, finished, inhabited.
- [S13] WWW, http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~hcastle/grevilles/lists/abc/cad.html#Camden.
CURRY Daniel farmer Cobbity Paddock Camden
CURRY Patrick farmer Edward St. Camden
- [S52] NSW BDM Indexes, 6003/1880 .
CURRY PATRICK DANIEL ANNE CAMDEN
- [S2] Sydney Morning Herald, Saturday 4 September 1880.
THE FRIENDS of Mr. PATRICK CURRY. Sen.,
are respectfully invited to attend his Funeral ; to move from his late residence. Camden, for the Catholic Cemetery, Campbell-
town. TO-MORROW. Sunday, the 5th instant.
- [S13] WWW, Monaro Pioneers http://www.monaropioneers.com/Pendergast-johnjnr.htm.
- [S2] Sydney Morning Herald, Saturday 24 September 1853.
- [S2980] BDA, Biographical report for Patrick CORRY.
1831 Apr Patrick Corry; & Eleanor Moore; married 11 Apr
1831, registered St Marys Roman Catholic Sydney
[NSW AUS]; Witness: Edward Thomas; Witness:
Church Register: NSW Sydney
St Mary RC Marriage
St Mary's Roman Catholic
Cathedral, Sydney NSW:
Church Register - Marriages;
ML ref: Reel SAG 7
- [S48] Ancestry.co.uk, Australia Marriage Index, 1788-1950 about Patrick Curry.
Performed by ----- Gould in the presence of James Connors and Mary Doyle
Name: Patrick Curry
Spouse Name: Ellen Cannors
Marriage Date: 1844
Marriage Place: New South Wales
Registration Place: Campbelltown, New South Wales
Registration Year: 1844
Volume Number: V
- [S19] Marriage Certificate.
- [S52] NSW BDM Indexes, Reg. V185567 101.
- [S2827] Certificate of Freedom, 30/661.