Duncan FrancisAbt 1853 - 1921 (~ 68 years)
Name Duncan Francis Born Abt 1853 ,Mooney Ponds, Victoria,Australia [1, 2] Gender Male FACT 9 Oct 1891 ,Byrock, NSW,Australia [4, 5] Witness Residence 22 Dec 1900 ,Cobar,NSW,Australia  Occupation 1903 ,Narromine,NSW,Australia  Dealer Residence 1903 ,Narromine,NSW,Australia  Occupation 1906 ,Cobar,NSW,Australia  Carpenter Residence 1906 ,Cobar,NSW,Australia  Residence 8 Dec 1915 Monaghan Street,West Cobar,NSW,Australia Died 20 Sep 1921 Prince Street, Cobar,NSW,Australia [2, 9] Cause: Senile decay, Heart failure Buried 20 Sep 1921 Cobar Cemetery,Cobar,NSW,Australia [2, 10]
- Church of England Section
Probate 6 Feb 1922  Person ID I100 GeniAus Family Tree Last Modified 19 Mar 2021
Father Duncan James, b. 1824, ,Aberdeen,,Scotland , d. Aft 1863 (Age > 40 years) Mother Cregan Mary, b. 1832, ,Enniskillen, Fermanagh, Ireland , d. Aft 1863 (Age > 32 years) Married 25 May 1853 St James Cathedral, Melbourne, Victoria,Australia Family ID F96 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Family Magick Harriet, b. 22 Aug 1850, ,Cobbora,NSW,Australia , d. 3 Nov 1921, Prince Street, Cobar,NSW,Australia (Age 71 years) Children 1. Duncan Elsie May, b. 15 Apr 1890, ,Byrock, NSW,Australia , d. 18 Dec 1966, Prince Henry Hospital,Little Bay,NSW,Australia (Age 76 years) 2. Duncan Frank, b. 26 Aug 1895, ,Byrock, NSW,Australia , d. 27 Aug 1948, 55 Kensington Road, Kensington, NSW,Australia (Age 53 years) Last Modified 13 Dec 2021 Family ID F16 Group Sheet | Family Chart
Event Map = Link to Google Earth
- [S23] Birth Certificate.
Brother: Thomas Duncan
- [S24] Death Certificate.
- [S2892] Western Age (Dubbo, NSW : 1933 - 1936), Fri 23 Sep 1921 Page 2 Obituary. .
MR FRANK DUNCAN.
It is with regret we have to chron-
icle the death of an old and highly
respected resident of the district in
the person of Mr Frank Duncan,
which sad event took place at his
residence, West Cobar, at 6 a m. on
Tuesday morning. The cause of
death was heart failure. Deceased,
who had been ailing for some months,
was 73 years of age and has resided
in Cobar for a great many years.
He leaves a widow and a grown up
family of one son (Frank) and one
daughter (Elsie) to mourn their loss.
The funeral took place on Tuesday
afternoon and was largely attended,
the remains being interred in the
Church of England portion of the
local cemetery, the Rev. Hawkins
conducting the last sad rites of the
grave. Mr T. H Owen had charge
of the funeral arrangements.
- [S2] Sydney Morning Herald, Fri 9 Oct 1891 .
- [S3025] Western Herald (Bourke, NSW : 1887 - 1970), Sat 10 Oct 1891 .
- [S3000] The Cobar Herald, Sat 22 Dec 1900 Page 4 Local Land Board.
- [S48] Ancestry.co.uk, Ancestry.com. Australia, Electoral Rolls, 1903-1980 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010.
Name: Francis Duncan
Electoral Year: 1903-1904
State: New South Wales
- [S3000] The Cobar Herald, Sat 20 Oct 1906 Page 3 Riotous Behaviour.
Francis Duncan, carpenter, said he
was present and did not see Griffiths
interfere or do anything. Witness
was a supporter of the Town Band.
Witness knew Griffiths but never
spoke to him till last Saturday.
- [S52] x NSW BDM Indexes, NSW Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages, 13677/1921 .
DUNCAN FRANCIS JAMES MARY COBAR
- [S53] Jill Patricia Curry, Grave visited and photographed.
- [S2813] SRNSW, DUNCAN Francis Cobar 20/09/1921 06/02/1922 [19/10206] 3027 -.
- [S23] Birth Certificate.